“The human foot is made up of an intricate network of 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles, and thousands of nerve endings. A foot that doesn’t allow for proper shock absorption may contribute to back, hip, or knee pain. “
What is a Custom Orthotic?
A custom orthotic is a device made to the shape of your foot. Our physical therapist will first evaluate and then make plaster molds of your feet which will be sent off to a specialized lab that will fabricate your custom orthotic.
What are the goals of a custom orthotic?
- stabilize the foot and hold it in an optimal position
- increase function of the foot and body
- limit motion of a painful joint
- decrease weight bearing on painful areas
- protect your foot from excessive impact and shearing forces
Reasons to get custom orthotics:
- ongoing foot, ankle, knee, hip or back pain
- flat feet (fallen arches)
- high arched feet
- stand for long periods of time at your job
- bunions, calluses and/or corns
- history for plantar fasciitis, heel pain, Achilles tendinitis
If you have one or more of these symptoms, come visit us today!
Innovative Physical Therapy has been in San Diego since 1994. We are manual therapists believing in a hands on, one on one, approach to physical therapy. Contact us using this form or give us a call.
TEL (619) 260-0750 | FAX (619) 260-0201
5030 Camino De La Siesta Suite 220
San Diego, CA 92108
7855 Fay Avenue Suite 290
La Jolla, CA 92037
Parking structure under building