Neurologic Physical Therapy focuses on treating individuals with diagnoses or injuries of the nervous system. Physical Therapy can help with a variety of impairments including decreasing pain, increasing strength and flexibility and improving balance and overall function.
What does our program consist of?
- Gait and Functional Mobility analysis and training
- Neuromuscular Reeducation
- Biodex balance assessment and training
- Functional Electrical Stimulation
- Patient education regarding disease and disease progression
- Patient education and instruction for use of assistive devices and adaptive equipment
- Manual therapy
Who is appropriate?
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Balance Disorders
- Brain Injury
- Cerebral Concussion/Contusion
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cerebraovascular Accident (CVA or stroke)
- Gait abnormality, Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Distrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Spinal Cord Injury