What is Pilates?
Pilates consists of moving through a slow, sustained series of exercises using abdominal control and proper breathing. The quality of each posture is more important than the number of repetitions or how energetically you can move.
Health Benefits of Pilates
- Improved flexibility
- Increased muscle strength of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks
- Enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- Improved stabilization of your spine
- Improved posture
- Rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- Improved physical coordination and balance
- Prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Increased body awareness
- Stress management and relaxation
Pilates is Suitable for Everyone
The Pilates method is taught to suit each person and exercises are regularly re-evaluated to ensure they are appropriate for that person. Due to the individual attention, this method can suit anyone from elite athletes to people with limited mobility, pregnant women, and people with low fitness levels.
IPT Weekly Pilates Class
Taught by Dr. Lindy First, this class will work to balance your body by lengthening your muscles via strengthening exercises. We will combine classical and modern techniques, and integrate small accessories to strengthen your core and increase flexibility. Leave feeling long, lean and more agile in your every day movements.
Join IPT for a 55-minute virtual Pilates class with Dr. Lindy First, DPT, CPI, every Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
Call @ 619-260-0750 to reserve your spot for $18 and remember, your first class is free!